Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My First

I'm a little nervous about blogging, but I thought I might as well give it a try.  Why not, right?!  I think I'll use my blog as a way to show (show off?!) my projects.  

I should also explain the name.  Rustic comes a lot from my husband, Brian, who loves rustic furniture and artifacts.  He loves to take old iceboxes, tables, desks, cabinets - things that've just been thrown together by a farmer a hundred years ago - and make them into really cool pieces of furniture.  Our house is full of these finds, and it anchors the house in a way that modern furniture really can't.  On my part, I love to collect old lace, buttons, and (hopefully soon) fabric to use in my projects.  That's where the "Stiches" part comes in - I love to sew.  It's my way of being creative, using my hands, and making practical things beautiful. 

I hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

M.R. Tumnus said...

Hey Jeanette, nice to add your blog to my bloglines. I love to read blogs, just don't have one of my own. Judy A.